It’s Christmastime, so what is there for families to do in the Houston area? Well, here are 5 things to consider!
1. Zoo Lights: Who doesn’t love going to the zoo! And who doesn’t love Christmas lights? Well, Zoo Lights combines both! You get to see the animals and Christmas lights at the same time! It’s $23.70 per person for 3 and up, and you can always add on different fun activities as well.
2. Christmas Lights at Prestonwood Forest: I absolutely love looking at Christmas lights, so here’s a far less expensive alternative to going to the zoo, if you’re looking for something to do. Pile everyone in the car and drive to the Prestonwood Forest neighborhood (in the Willowbrook area) and drive around and see the lights. Their “night of lights” is Saturday night, so it’s a great time! I actually had the opportunity to judge the lights a few years ago, which was super fun, and we have packed up my daughters in the car with hot chocolate, Christmas goodies and drove through the neighborhood to see the lights. This year will be our 8th year of seeing them!
3. German Festival Market in Tomball: I’m in the Spring/Tomball area, and we’ve made our way over to this event a few times. It’s lots of fun! If you go on Saturday morning, there is a fantastic farmer’s market to boot! You can take the family to go see lots of unique German crafts, food, hear music and much more!
4. Be our Guest at the Children’s Museum: If you’ve got a daughter, this might be a really fun opportunity for you! Dress up in your best ball gown and you’ll get to spend time with Disney princesses! How cool is that? As a dad of 2 daughters, I’ve been through the princess stage, and when they were younger, they would have loooooved something like this! There’s photo ops and a singalong! Sounds awesome! And, if you’ve never gone to the Children’s Museum, it’s a must!! It’s amazing!
5. Ugly Sweater Holiday Stroll at Cityplace: Get out that ugly sweater, go get some hot chocolate, hear some live music and have fun! It looks like it would be a great family outing for kids of all ages!